Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 104, Suns 133
(01-29-2020, 01:16 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I looked at his career stats when I had to defend him from trolling in the game thread. His shooting numbers are not far off what he did in NY. Matter of fact, his 3p% is a lot lower than his last season, but not so much the 2p%. He is what he is, but what he is is still pretty good. I think he could be used better and get more comfortable in the PnR with Luka, and be somewhat less tentative on defense. People forget that we gave a similar (though not as long) contract to Barnes. I'll take KP. I don't think trading him this year or next summer is a serious consideration in any event, but if he is what he is, you aren't going to get value in any event. You have beaten the Towns drum. I want zero part of Towns on a Luka-led team. You don't build around two guys who are terrible at defense if you want to win in the playoffs. Turner plus something else of value is much more sensible. We'll see what happens.
Right, but those are , 20-22 yo's numbers. He is now 24, still has a year or two to show he'll improve those numbers (esp after a year and 1/2 off) before anything can start to be written in stone about him IMO. I agree that I don't think the FO will look to trade him, that can be a subject for debate as to whether or not that is a good decision though IMO.

I'm mostly off the Towns drum, I wouldn't mind a 3 team trade to extract value to help make that happen for another team though. I think Turner plus, plus, plus is currently the direction I myself really like the thought of. Getting a player 1 year younger than KP, more durable and plays bigger than he is is a step in the right direction, esp if we want to get into the realm of PG-Small Distributing Wing-Wing-Big Wing-C type of team building. I don't think KP currently (and maybe never) is the C for that type of lineup unless the Big Wing was a monster that can take on Jokic/Davis/KAT/Ayton etc...

(01-29-2020, 01:16 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Yes. I'm afraid that if we do trade away Wright or Brunson, Rick will just give the departed guard's minutes to JJB.
Truth.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 104, Suns 133 - by ItsGoTime - 01-29-2020, 01:50 PM