Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Are the Mavericks So Bad at Honoring Former Players?
As I posted about Mark Aguirre, I watched Brad Davis play from the 5th row at Reunion beginning in his 2nd year, 1981-82. Brad Davis, in his myriad of contributions, was a very unique and extremely valuable contributor to the Mavericks becoming the expansion pride of the NBA as they did. Don Carter was very loyal to him and he was completely right to be. 

Brad was a lot like JJ Barea in that it was shocking, how effective he was as a player. His ability was fading by the time the Mavericks became really good but he was still a leading member of the team chemistry that team had....in spite of a few members who were not so good for team chemistry perhaps. We simply didn't hear about stuff inside the team like we do now. 

I am not a huge fan of any more Mavs being placed in the rafters (except Dirk).  I prefer team Championship banners. I love Jet for example but he was Dirk dependent to anything more than a very good player. He got his reward when he got the ring and it looks like he also will be a Maverick employee for the foreseeable future. 

I hope this Luka led team ends up with KP and a third guy being so good that 3 end up honored. That would be great because other than what Steve Nash could have become, Dirk never really had a Robin.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Are the Mavericks So Bad at Honoring Former Players? - by Reunion Mav Old - 01-28-2020, 02:01 PM