Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KOBE BRYANT DEAD AT 41: NBA legend, 13 yr-old daughter Gianna among 9 confirmed dead
(01-27-2020, 05:25 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I thought it was an odd move, myself. Not just announcing it so soon, but doing it at all. If Kobe were still alive, and the Mavs had retired his number, I seriously question whether Kobe would have wanted any part of that. There is just something that seems a bit presumptuous about a team retiring the number of a guy who never played for them. 
When I first saw the tweet, I thought, 23 was and has been the only # that should have that distinction (if any non-team player should). If we aren't doing it for him, I don't see the reason to do it for Kobe. Just my thought. I don't like that this tragic event happened, and I liked him as a player enough (esp after coming to the defense of Dirk to extol his greatness), I hope he RIP, but to me, this is odd as well.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: KOBE BRYANT DEAD AT 41: NBA legend, 13 yr-old daughter Gianna among 9 confirmed dead - by ItsGoTime - 01-27-2020, 07:23 PM