Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KOBE BRYANT DEAD AT 41: NBA legend, 13 yr-old daughter Gianna among 9 confirmed dead
(01-26-2020, 10:29 PM)J817 Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 10:05 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 09:32 PM)J817 Wrote: This was not the time to announce this. This day is not about Mark Cuban and Dallas Mavericks making impulsive decisions. He should have just given his condolences and left it at that.

No good deed goes uncriticized

Look I’m broken up about all this. I wasn’t Kobe’s fan, though he was someone I watched during my childhood. I have spent hours today watching the news about this tragic event. Feeling numb and tearing up as I watched. I respect Cuban for feeling what I’m feeling right now but to announce something like he announced today almost seems like he is trying to one up the other twitter posts that were posted today. Maybe he isn’t idk. I do know it was unnecessary to announce it today. Maybe tomorrow but not today. Also, the number #24 should have been in the rafters years ago.
I thought it was an odd move, myself. Not just announcing it so soon, but doing it at all. If Kobe were still alive, and the Mavs had retired his number, I seriously question whether Kobe would have wanted any part of that. There is just something that seems a bit presumptuous about a team retiring the number of a guy who never played for them. 

I suppose one could view this as a look-at-me action by Cuban, but I think it was well-intended. I also acknowledge that this is a matter on which reasonable people could disagree, and I'm not losing sleep over it or anything.  I was shocked to hear the terrible news about Kobe and his daughter, and ask blessings for his family, friends, colleagues, and fans.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kobe Bryant, daughter Gianna die in helicopter crash - by mavsluvr - 01-27-2020, 05:25 PM