Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Jazz 112
(01-26-2020, 01:28 PM)mtrot Wrote: A lot of good arguments here about how to beat these top teams, but the fact remains that all that was lacking for a win last night was for Maxi to hit just a couple of his threes and Luka to make a couple more FTs.  I don't know if coaching can help that, other than to require more shooting practice.  I mean, it's a great thing that Luka is getting to the line; that's what I want him to do.
But we tried that last night and it didn't work. We've been trying that all season and it works on the lesser teams, not on the better teams...as much. How many more times do we have to say, "all that was needed was 1 or 2 misses to be a make" before we realize that what HF has been championing...variety in the offense, different looks, changing things up is what this actual issue is? Over-reliance on 3's is going to win you lots of games against teams that just don't get "it". For the teams that do (playoff teams), we will be screwed IMO. Ask Houston how that works out for them, cause they've been doing it for a looooong time. 

In all honesty, analytics has a place in this sport, but what is the point in having a great coach if all you're relying on is the analytics? Couldn't a monkey be trained to push a button at the right time that analytics says that player should be sent in the game or what play to run at a particular time, etc...?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Jazz 112 - by ItsGoTime - 01-26-2020, 03:21 PM