Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Jazz 112
(01-26-2020, 01:28 PM)GImtrot Wrote: A lot of good arguments here about how to beat these top teams, but the fact remains that all that was lacking for a win last night was for Maxi to hit just a couple of his threes and Luka to make a couple more FTs.  I don't know if coaching can help that, other than to require more shooting practice.  I mean, it's a great thing that Luka is getting to the line; that's what I want him to do.

FT shooting is not on the coaching staff. It is not about fatigue. That is on the player taking the FT. 

Also it is not just about wins now but about continuing to evolve. No one expects the team to be a contender. For Luka to be the best he can be in the long run,  he needs a drive, stop on a dime pull up jump shot inside the arc.  Where I blame the coaching more than some wins here or there is that part of the game does not seem to be emphasized. Or maybe I am wrong and Luka is just ignoring the coaching staff.

I realize I am hard on Luka. It is mainly because he is such a transcendent talent and I am greedy. I realize it is not fair. KP needs to step up too. 2 rebounds is not acceptable. We can talk about all the other pieces. The roster is based on these 2 guys. One has more than carried the load. Be it injuries or adjustments, the other needs to start to step up.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Jazz 112 - by hakeemfan - 01-26-2020, 01:47 PM