Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Jazz 112
Let me add this while I'm here. I re-watched the last 3 minutes of the game.
Rudy did not play on KP, this was smart because they knew that all KP would do is sit out at the 3 point line. Rudy played on DFS, who is not a great 3-point shooter, and that allowed him to sit under the basket. RC had no answer to this. Then things got worse when they brought in Wright, he made countless mistakes.

Right now, I don't see an overall reason to bash Luka for this game, other than he missed his FTs, and he made one mistake on the defensive end under a minute left, but he has NO, and I mean, NO HELP. These teams are filtering Luka to the basket where they have help, and leaving scrubs open for brick shots. Then you have little Curry out there guarding a 6-8 Bogdonavic.

We have no chance until and unless we get our overall talent up. We have no legit basket penetrator's except Luka. We have no big men with balls except maybe Kleber, who incidentally was out of the game when the game was coming down the stretch. Although he missed easy threes, he would have been much needed defensive help because KP was just down right awful. I don't see KP's use if he's going to play small, instead of 7'3.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 107, Jazz 112 - by philjuan1 - 01-26-2020, 03:35 AM