Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-17-2024, 01:46 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Depends what you mean by that, I suppose. Even Followil and Dameris talked the other day about how Hardaway is one of the only (off-ball) players Dallas has that opposing defenders have to honor. Even if he's 0 for his last 50 attempts, he's still going to be thought of as more dangerous as a shooter than DJJ, Exum, or even Green. It's just because the respect for his quick release, variety of footwork solutions to get shots off, etc, carry more weight for the pros than they do for fans. 

I always find myself oddly sticking up for Hardaway around here, and it's not like I want to do that - I'm just as ready for him to be gone as the next guy, especially now that he's clearly making more money than his role should allow. But, what he's good at, he's (usually) really good at. It's true that the outside world isn't as attuned to the specifics of just how bad this latest slump has been as we, the everyday Mavs fans, and it has been BRUTAL. 

All I'm saying is that IF Kidd gives him another shot (no earthly clue if he will or not) I believe I'll have some inkling of why he feels it's in the team's best interest to do so.

Oh, he's getting another chance to see if he can get on one. I have no doubt about that. I'd venture to say he'll come off the bench before Hardy.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by HoosierDaddyKid - 06-17-2024, 07:04 PM