Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-17-2024, 12:17 PM)Winter Wrote: Still, the one thing that seemed to happen in game 5 was that Luka and Exum both pushed the ball down the court in a hurry... hoping for a bucket before the Celtics were set. They need to keep that up, not just for someone like Thj who thrives more in transition, but I thought the entire team really moved well to gain an advantage. There are more opportunities for lobs and easy baskets.

Totally agree with this, and it can't be said enough: The biggest difference in game 4 came from LUKA. He was playing HARD, and not just by pushing the ball (which I agree, was huge) but also defensively. This is contagious on defense, and the faster pace allows more players to touch the ball and feel like they're in the rhythm of the game. This cannot be overstated as a positive. 

I honestly don't think the rotation matters nearly as much as which Luka they're going to get, but I do agree that Exum continuing that effort when Luka is off the floor can be a huge positive. It's just that without the Luka part, it won't matter a bit.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by KillerLeft - 06-17-2024, 01:11 PM