Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-17-2024, 12:17 PM)Winter Wrote: I think Exum sees minutes for sure, but that doesn't preclude Hardaway from seeing minutes. The downside of Hardway hitting those 3's was that they were transition buckets in garbage time for the most part. I doubt there's any duplication of that against their starting five.

Exum will 100% get his first half stretch. It's just that as recently as Game 3, Kidd wasn't sure who should get priority between Exum, Hardaway and Hardy. There's room for all three to PLAY, but part of what has been wrong prior to Game 4 is that Kidd has been trying to play 11 guys...in the NBA Finals. But, if I'm being honest, that's because none of the three, prior to Exum in Game 4, has given him much reason to trust them. I'd say Hardy in the Minnesota series was the closest, but he's obviously not up to speed in this one, so far, so if I'm Kidd I have him eliminated. 

In Game 3, I think Exum was showing signs of arriving, and I thought Kidd made a grave error not giving him more burn in that one. It smacked of him not adjusting from his pre-ordained game plan rotation, which isn't a good look, at least to me. 

If Exum comes in aggressively again and is making a difference, sure! You go to that well until it stops working. All I'm saying is that if it's NOT working, I'd rather him adjust (in game) and try something else than stick to the plan (whatever it is) and go down without a fight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by KillerLeft - 06-17-2024, 01:02 PM