Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-17-2024, 11:38 AM)Jmaciscool Wrote: I think these are good points.  I think you HAVE to have either the same Exum or the same Hardaway from Game 4 show up to win Game 5.  Personally I would give the nod to Exum because I think his pace/defense (if playing well) is sorely needed and seemed to be part of the key to the Mavs' only win in this series, but if he struggles like he has before Game 4 I would put Hardaway in to see if he can continue the shooting from the last game.  If Hardaway struggles then go back to Exum and stay there.

I think Exum sees minutes for sure, but that doesn't preclude Hardaway from seeing minutes. The downside of Hardway hitting those 3's was that they were transition buckets in garbage time for the most part. I doubt there's any duplication of that against their starting five.

Still, the one thing that seemed to happen in game 5 was that Luka and Exum both pushed the ball down the court in a hurry... hoping for a bucket before the Celtics were set. They need to keep that up, not just for someone like Thj who thrives more in transition, but I thought the entire team really moved well to gain an advantage. There are more opportunities for lobs and easy baskets.
[-] The following 2 users Like Winter's post:
  • KillerLeft, michaeltex
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by Winter - 06-17-2024, 12:17 PM