Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-17-2024, 10:29 AM)michaeltex Wrote: Is there a consensus that losing KP could be a game changer for BOS? In the 5 quarters since KP was injured, DAL has outscored BOS by 151-105, which includes Luka+Kyrie going 1-14 on 3s in Game 4. Maybe BOS figures something out, but the series feels more balanced now. I'd like to say maybe even tilts toward DAL a little, but BOS won a bunch of games without KP last season and in playoffs, so I'm not too confident making that statement.

I just don't see Horford and Tillman keeping up with a Gaff/Dlive/Maxi front court and if BOS has to help in the paint, then DAL perimeter scoring should explode.

Interested in any adjustments BOS tries and whether Kidd keeps using a big rotation with Exum and Maxi.

It certainly impacts things.    Enough to turn the series around?  Not Sure.

I think Dallas has the right mindset though without KP.   Attack the basket.  With Horford, Boston really has no rim protection.   White, Brown and Tatum are all long and can be some protection.  They lack the big rim protector though.  

I also like how we have used Gafford early a few times to post up.  He has gone hard at Tatum and the results have been pretty good so far.  Just gives Boston another thing to think of.   I also really liked how Lively made Boston pay by having a smaller person on him.  Right now Lively isn't ready to punish a smaller defender in the post, but he can get offensive rebounds on missed shots.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by Chicagojk - 06-17-2024, 10:55 AM