Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 4 THE FINALS: BOSTON CELTICS (3-0) vs DALLAS MAVERICKS (0-3)
I was missing the last couple of weeks here but I have watched every game with delight (of course not the Boston series but our incredible run in the playoffs) and I am extatic overall. We will be a great team next year, if we find some little improvements. Our core of Luka (getting better), Ky (don't think will decline starting next year because his game is not predicated on athleticism), Lively (who is SO great on defense already and has tons of areas to improve), PJ (who is athletic, great rebounder and defender and only improving his offensive role) is amazing! Find a solid spark off the bench and add another 1 or 2 big, quality defenders (like Caruso or KCP) and we will continue to be a threat for the championship for the next couple of years. Havinf DJJ and Exum on the cheap is nice as well, also Gafford as a backup Center is a luxury. We can trade the rest of the players IMHO, if it is a good trade. In essence: Everythings looking great in Dallas.

But of course, we would still try to mount that incredible comeback. I don't think it is likely and the season is a HUGE success, even if we lose the series in 5, which is the most likely scenario. BUT: The Celtics have to close us out in 5, otherwise, there is a a chance. If anyone could blow this lead, it is this Celtics, especially with KP out (hopefully). We avoided the sweep in amazing fashion but the Celtics will come out guns blazing in game 5 on their own court and with some adjustments. If we are somehow ready for it and steal it, all of the pressure is on them and I suddenly like our chances.

Celtics in 5: 60%
Celtics in 6: 5 %
Celtics in 7: 15%
Mavs in 7: 20% (if we reach game 7, this number skyrockets)

Most likely our season is over monday night... but if not... look out.
[-] The following 2 users Like meistermatze's post:
  • Reunion Mav, SleepingHero
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 4 THE FINALS: BOSTON CELTICS (3-0) vs DALLAS MAVERICKS (0-3) - by meistermatze - 06-16-2024, 04:48 AM