Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 4 THE FINALS: BOSTON CELTICS (3-0) vs DALLAS MAVERICKS (0-3)
(06-15-2024, 07:41 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I wouldnt disagree with that but let me just add it is whoever owns the paint.  Now Boston can still go nuclear with three and blow a game open more so than Dallas.

But Boston is almost impossible if they can drive into the lane and finish at a high percentage.  The first few games they were getting by us almost every time.  It just really destroys any defense.  There are no good options if they are successful at this.  We have seen when Dallas limits penetration what it can do to Boston.  Force their players to make tough cotested shots.  A lot of ball stoppage too.

On offense, without KP Dallas can really do harm in the paint with no shot blocker.  In tune, if Dallas can control the boards and also get some easy points when our bigs have smalls on them that is winning on the edges that will add up.

I sort of think KP might eventually get some minutes.

"Celtics coach Joe Mazzulla said before the game that Porzingis would "only be used in specific instances, if necessary" if he did play."

Game 4 got out of hand quickly, so maybe there just wasn't a time for KP. But I was just now thinking about KP if he plays in game 5. I think when he has the ball, I would have our defender just attach themselves to him and force him to dribble and push off. I wouldn't give him an inch of space. Contest every outside shot. I would hope he doesn't want to push off and drive toward the basket with that injury. I would make an effort to kill his perimeter game first.

I'm not sure he will play. It may depend on how badly Boston wants it on Monday. He would come off the bench for sure. But he presents a problem I would rather not be faced with.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 4 THE FINALS: BOSTON CELTICS (3-0) vs DALLAS MAVERICKS (0-3) - by Winter - 06-15-2024, 08:37 PM