Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
I think we all agree that BOS has put together a great team with not a lot of weaknesses. I got to wondering how long they can sustain this level of performance.

According to Sportrac, none of their key contributors are on low cost contracts, in fact they are over the 2nd apron next year with only 12 players. They can get under the 2nd by releasing a few smaller non-guaranteed contracts, but then they'll have to find cheaper replacements as they will still be over the 1st. So it looks like this season and next season before the economics come into play, barring significant injuries. I'll leave it to much smarter minds here to assess the effect of the new media contracts.

I'm not saying DAL can't get better and compete, I was just curious about how the salary cap affects successful teams and BOS is the one team DAL can't get past this year. GSW has spent a flood of money keeping their gang together, but now looks to start replacing/rebuilding as they age out. Not sure how long Horford or Holiday will play, but they are still effective and key to BOS success. I guess the real question is how their ownership tolerates the tax pain.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by michaeltex - 06-14-2024, 08:51 AM