Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
63.64%
7 63.64%
Clippers
36.36%
4 36.36%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 43: LAC (31-13) @ DAL (27-16) | 107-110 loss
(01-21-2020, 11:52 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: You anointed Luka as a 3 pt shooter too just going through a bad streak. Neither Luka nor KP(other than 1 year) has any great 3 pt shooting percentages. Luka is downright poor. 

You can be a shooter and shoot 2 pt shots too. That’s all Inam saying. I did not say he should not shoot.

I haven't annointed anyone. I said Luka was in a bad steak when he had a couple of 1 for 5 or 1 for 6 games from 3.

Luka and KP are both good shooters, not because I've annointed them. They just are. I think their shooting percentages are low because KP is coming back from over a year off of playing and Luka is carrying a huge load for a 20 year old. I expect both of them to shoot better, from KP returning to form, Luka growing as a player and athlete, and both learning how to play together.

I respect your basketball chops immensely. I consider you more knowledgeable and more of a pure basketball guy than myself. But I do not share your distaste for the 3 pt shot, especially when it's used in the flow of beautiful ball movement, which I think the Mavs are working towards.

And I don't think its fair to characterize the Mavs as just living and dying by the 3. They attack the basket with an array of layups, lobs and floaters. Ideally they are building a symbiotic relationship between their 3 ball and attacking the rim. I believe there is still a place for the mid range shot in basketball, but I'm fine with Luka using his floater in lieu of that. He's in his second year so who knows what else he'll add.

This is all opinion, and my position is not that Rick and Luka and KP are doing it wrong, but that they need time to continue their growth trajectory.

(01-21-2020, 11:57 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: Fif. Sorry about saying you anointed Luka as a 3 pt shooter. That was uncalled for and was just my frustration with this team’s penchant for jacking up 3s game after game.

No need for an apology pal. We both want the same thing, even if we currently see their plight a little differently. No big deal. I always respect what you have to say whether it's what I think or not.

(01-21-2020, 11:49 PM)mtrot Wrote: but Rick doesn't have the vision for that. 

Give me Rick's vision and a couple of unicorns and we'll circle back to this conversation next year about this time.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 43: LAC (31-13) @ DAL (27-16) | 107-110 loss - by fifteenth - 01-22-2020, 12:13 AM