Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-11-2024, 09:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:

Great video. 

Basically Doc Stutterer concludes that KP is definitely going to try to play because his tendon isn't ruptured and he can still function. But most often than not these cases will treated with surgery eventually, even if you don't need to have surgery right away.

But it is a risk to play, he will be hampered, especially pushing off his ankle. And there is always a chance of a potential further more serious injury. 

To me its up to Boston to decide if the risk is worth it. They re-upped KP for another 2 years. They've very rarely cared historically about player health and the desire to win, but one has to wonder if they're willing to risk KP's long term health and ankles for the shot at the title.

Very interesting. If he does play I would go at him hard with the bigs. Make him think twice about playing. I hate that but it is what it is. Dallas needs to be very physical with Boston over the next couple of games. I would just focus on game 3 as a win. Then, I would hammer away at the team that Boston was up 2-1 when they lost to Golden State a couple of years ago.

KP getting hurt would definitely play into my game plan. I would also have the bigs start just abusing Horford inside. He's 38 years old. He is good for 25-30 mpg. But, if KP doesn't play he will have to play 35-38 mpg which will be the point where he starts becoming a hinderance on the court. I would see if Gafford and Lively could wear him down to the point that it cuts his minutes to 25-30. Get those bigs in there and just dump it down to them and let them eat.

I think Dallas wins the next 2. That will cause Boston to start to have flash backs of 2022 and mentally question everything. All Dallas needs is one game in Boston and to hold serve at home.
Legler: "If Luka wins this year, against a healthy Celtics team, at his age, the league is in trouble."
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by audiosway - 06-12-2024, 02:24 AM