Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-11-2024, 03:50 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: So, here's a Thinking Basketball breakdown of how the offenses are attacking. Ironically, I went from here to Youtube, and this was the first video in my feed, concerning what I was just speculating about. 

A couple of things: these guys don't seem to think the Dallas blow bys are systemically planned - they think Luka really is just that bad on defense. Also, I just don't understand how people can watch strategy play out like this and reach the conclusion that attempting to play any system other than 5-out is a good idea. When you do it at a high enough level with the right players, it's just so impossible to defend. 

https://youtu.be/zJyHNqUbtOA?si=qnY-hbgz62z2ojrM

Don't get me wrong. I think 5 out is a great idea. I loved that Rick was doing that or trying to. The problem is that you'll hardly ever find the right guys that can play it. He's doing it now in Indiana but they have zero defense. Boston has some very good 2 way players that can pull it off. KP can't stay healthy though. Have fun trying to find another 7 footer that can protect the rim and shoot 3s at a great clip.
Legler: "If Luka wins this year, against a healthy Celtics team, at his age, the league is in trouble."
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by audiosway - 06-11-2024, 10:03 PM