Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-11-2024, 06:26 PM)Winter Wrote: I was just thinking to myself that Porzingas's career was starting to remind me of Ralph Sampson. On a whim, I went and looked up his stats:

After eight years in the league, Sampson played in only 456 games. His first year was very good, then he was riddled with injuries
After eight years in the league, Porzingas played in only 459 games. His first year was very good, then he was riddled with injuries

Sampson actually played all 82 games in his rookie year, but he never came close to that after his rookie year. KP's first year he played 72 games - also his most productive season to date.

They did not have similar styles of course, but they shared all sorts of back and leg injuries. Maybe those long thin body types just can't withstand that kind of rigor. KP will likely have a much longer career as sports medicine has greatly improved, but it just doesn't seem possibly he'll ever manage an injury-free season. Sampson has stated publicly that he thought one of the reasons his career was so short is that he continually tried to come back too soon from injury.

I hope for Wemby and the future of basketball that he‘ll be the exception from that rule! 

Concerning Porzingis, the doctors will have the last say of he‘ll play or not. We‘ll see if they are just messing with us like the Clippers did with Kawhi or if he really could play.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by Knutsen - 06-11-2024, 07:11 PM