Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
Crazy how Lively has become the biggest weakness on the team. He was -15, Gafford was 0, and Kleber was +1.

His offensive actions being taken away - that's obviously a huge part of it. My guess is that the Mavs were hoping he could be switchable and hold up, and that's why they've switched almost every screen he's been involved with, but that hasn't really gone very well. Again, the blowbys have been so easy it's tough for me not to assume they're conceding them on purpose. Either way, I haven't been a fan of asking the defense to sprint for 18 of the 24 second shot clock, and it's alarming how often these possessions are ending with a Mavs center closing out to the corner late and out of control. Not only can Boston move the ball, but they seem to understand exactly how Dallas' defensive principles work, and they don't stop moving it until they get to the man to whom the centers have to rotate. It's kind of the worst nightmare for a traditional big team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Lukedoncic
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by KillerLeft - 06-11-2024, 03:11 PM