Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-08-2024, 04:28 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Kidd and brown have a long history with Cal.

Not a fan of this though.  I am in the camp of not saying anything at these press conferences.  Like Kidd usually does.  Not a fan of these games.  Don’t think Boston would take the bait anyway.  Just give the boring answers.

Al Horford already kind of took the bait:

Al Horford asked about Jason Kidd calling Jaylen Brown the Celtics’ best player:

“Jason Kidd, man. I see what he’s doing. Jaylen is an unbelievable player." 

As he walks away, he adds “that man is sneaky” while laughing

It's a non answer, but it's funny how he doesn't acknowledge that Brown is their best player. It equally gets into the heads of Tatum and Brown.

Will it make a difference? Probably not. But I still love these kind games. It's not like he disparaged the Celtics or gave them bulletin board material. He was complimentary and praised Brown. But he hit the right button to make them at least think about it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by SleepingHero - 06-08-2024, 04:53 PM