Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-07-2024, 04:35 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I don’t know exactly what kinds of teams give the Celtics trouble. I think I heard they were 3-5 against the top teams in the West and the Lakers beat them. My impression is that we’ll need to win ugly. Giving up 3s is one thing, getting beat on the glass is another. We cannot lose to a relatively undersized Boston team on the glass. We need to crush them there. So, physical, slow, ugly, and a lot of shots by Luka seems like the right approach to the rest of this series. More minutes for Kleber. More Josh plus Luka backcourt minutes with three bigger player up front. I’d put the most physical lineups possible on the floor for longer stretches:Luka, Josh, Kleber, lively, PJ. I wouldn’t pair Kyrie with Hardy either.  Too small. Foul a lot.  No running.

This is exactly how you beat Boston. They are a finesse jump shooting team. They can't handle a slow physical game. That's what we'll see Dallas go to in game 2. Very physical. Kidd will likely tell the team to bump guys at every opporunity just to make sure they feel it. I would make sure Boston is sore Monday morning. Boston lost both Denver games and was not good against the West's top teams.

They need to start with bumping KP at every opportunity. Make him work just to get the ball. No easy buckets. If it's a layup hard foul to make sure they don't make it. Boston needs to get the mental image of NOT seeing the ball go in. That's what got them going in game 1. That's why you always see PJ jump up and grab any free shots the opponents take after a whistle.

Dallas will come out and play an ugly physical game. Slow and prodding. If Boston gets out in transition just make a hard foul. Nothing easy. That is what stops 5 out. 5 out is finesse.
Legler: "If Luka wins this year, against a healthy Celtics team, at his age, the league is in trouble."
[-] The following 1 user Likes audiosway's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by audiosway - 06-08-2024, 03:49 PM