Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-07-2024, 10:58 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Some of this ended up being pretty accurate (I thought Jason Timpf was spot on when he suggested there might be two blowout wins for Boston).  KP's impact crushed Lively's impact.  Neither Gafford nor Maxi was an adequate answer in any way.

But, I was dead wrong about our ability to score.  I don't think last night had much to do with some 5-out vs. not style of offense.  We lost because they have 5 defenders who don't need help to stay in front of our players.  Their rim protectors can hit 3's.  Good for them.  But first and foremost, they protected the rim.  They sped us up (except for a brief moment in the 3rd) and made us take much harder 3's above the break.  Not only did Luka only have one assist.  He only generated six assist opportunities (which we hit one of).  Let that sink in for a moment.

I think we all knew Boston would be tough on nights they were hitting shots.  I think we also knew they'd take certain things away from our offense.  I'm not sure I believed they would be able to take away almost everything we try to do.  We didn't win any of the sub statistical categories to make up for the shooting disparity.  Game over.  Just like the hand-wringing after game one against LAC, this will long be forgotten if we steal game two.  If we don't steal game two, it is going to take something Herculean to get this to six or seven games.

spot on, imo
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by fifteenth - 06-07-2024, 12:06 PM