Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-06-2024, 09:51 AM)fifteenth Wrote: I think there has to be a scheme installed that includes DL hitting threes before he starts taking them. 

Total guess here, of course, but I think a 5-out scheme that includes DL hitting threes could be in Kidd's master plan, but that the time wasn't really right for implementing it this season. DL is a rookie, he's had plenty to learn and work on, scheme wise, this season, and there hasn't been enough time post trade to get too fancy this season. They needed to master the schemes that they put in place and not complicate things too much.  I think this playoff run is an amazing and wonderful case of being ahead of schedule. 

I hesitate to say all that just because I know, once you get to the finals, getting back is never a given. My thinking is so impacted by 2006. But what's different about this group is that I don't think they've peaked. The 2006 and 2007 teams were the peak for that group. 

Anyway, I predict DLive threes and some 5-out mixed in next season.

I think the team is ahead of schedule to be honest. DL is a rookie and the trade deadline moves gelled fast. This team in a year or two will be nearly unstoppable.
Legler: "If Luka wins this year, against a healthy Celtics team, at his age, the league is in trouble."
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by audiosway - 06-06-2024, 11:08 PM