Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-06-2024, 10:42 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I think Lively attempting threes is definitely on the future roadmap.  Although, I am not sure Luka with the ball in the paint and Lively at the rim (and everyone else spread) is not the more feared position for teams.  I also think continued playmaking improvement and the ability to switch onto ball handlers is also probably more important than shooting threes for Lively.

Last night, I watched a 30 minute highlights package of lobs over the last two months.  Imagine that....30 minutes.  That would have been pretty blah last year watching Powell, Maxi and others do alley oops.  Now we have 30 minutes of highlights over the past 2 months.  We put so much pressure on teams by having a genius with the ball in his hands and guys that punish the rim.  Luka thrives in that crowded space.  It is either him getting a shot, passing for a open three or a dunk.  It is really hard to guard and I think Gafford and Lively play a major role in this.

I agree. He is the future for Dallas at the 5. Him making 3s will open up what they can do so much. He will likely end up being the 3rd star I think. If he continues to grow as a player and adds a 3 point shot he will be unstoppable.

I'm not really so much worried about tonight. I figured tonight would be the Mavs trying to figure out how to play Boston. KP came out with something to prove. Kyrie didn't play well and neither did several other Mavs. It's a series/chessmatch. 1 game doesn't prove anything.
Legler: "If Luka wins this year, against a healthy Celtics team, at his age, the league is in trouble."
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by audiosway - 06-06-2024, 10:59 PM