Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-06-2024, 12:26 AM)audiosway Wrote: Very interesting. It definitely does point to what I was saying where Boston is vulnerable on the isos they take. But, Boston is for sure a different beast than Dallas has faced so far. For the C's to do what they want though KP has to be healthy. I just don't think he is. That makes it even more interesting.

Yeah, that was a great analysis of what Dallas has done so far this playoffs and what they will have to do to combat Boston’s five out. However, as much as I love Maxi, we certainly can’t afford to abandon our traditional centers (more specifically Gafford as he is the one most likely to sit) because of the interior advantage they give us, specifically rebounding and on the offensive end. I think this series could boil down to offense and whether we can punish Boston enough inside with our bigs to offset what Boston can do to us from the perimeter. Also can we scramble enough to effectively close out on open shooters off picks and double teams? You know Boston will be draining threes, and their collective team shooting might win them a couple games by itself no matter what we do defensively. 

Also, I agree about KP.  He didn’t exactly give a glowing endorsement about his health during his press conference, and we know his injury history all too well. I don’t wish ill health on him, but it’s just the reality. Since his knee injury, I think I read he’s only averaging 56 games per year (or something close to that).
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 1 user Likes OBX Maverick's post:
  • audiosway
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by OBX Maverick - 06-06-2024, 12:53 AM