Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-05-2024, 11:02 PM)Smitty Wrote: I think it was the rooting against yourself part that made my reply start with “not about being right”. It wasn’t a shot at you or anything. You’re the loudest voice here and your desire for 5-out has long been established. I can tell that it’s an internal battle for you is all.

Oh, sorry. I took your comment the wrong way. 

Yeah, I'd much rather the Mavs win than "be right." But, it's not just about the debate for me. I actually prefer the merits of their style, though not as much as I would've a few months back. Like I said, I've enjoyed this new style more than I used to, and I'm grateful the dunker spot is empty when they do the 1-5 ball screen thing. 

Part of my worry in this series is that when (not if, but when) they have to switch to Washington or even Jones as screeners, the center will be in the dunker spot, rather than on the bench in favor of Kleber. That's an assumption on my part, because we know Kidd isn't afraid to go with that Kleber/Washington lineup during important moments. I feel like 70% of Mavs fans will lose their minds if he does that, but I believe it's likely to be the right choice. 

And, I agree that Gafford/Lively/Kleber provides OPTIONS. I just kind of wish the SECOND option was the Kleber way so that the team was more accustomed to playing that way when they need to, but then again, a large part of why we haven't seen it lately is obviously because he has been injured. 

I'm just nervous, man. This week of sitting in our own anxiety was a borderline cruel trick by the NBA.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • audiosway, fifteenth, michaeltex
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by KillerLeft - 06-05-2024, 11:09 PM