Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-05-2024, 10:47 PM)Smitty Wrote: It’s not about being right. It’s about winning. Luka likes the rim rolling bigs. He even made Powell look good for a while. I think it’s pretty incredible that Luka/Kidd have gotten two completely different teams to the WCF’s in 3 years and one of them to the finals. The great thing about this team is that they can play multiple ways because of Gafford-Lively-Maxi. The C’s can only play 5-out.

Alley Oop dunks by team in the Playoffs:

Mavs- 54
Nuggets- 9
Thunder- 8
Cavs- 7
Wolves- 6
Celtics- 6
Clippers- 5
Pacers- 5
Knicks- 3
Magic- 3
Lakers- 3
Heat- 3
Pelicans- 1
76ers- 0
Bucks- 0
Suns- 0

Sorry, but I think you missed my whole point. 

I never remotely said anything at all about a desire to "be right." I even said "I hope I'm wrong" and "I've come around on this." 

I'm worried that the superior style will win the series. If it's NOT the superior style, I'll be the happiest fan here. And, to my mind, Luka and Kyrie are so superior as PLAYERS, compared to Tatum and Brown, that the ONLY reason Boston is favored is that basketball people think their style is superior. Again, I sure hope the Mavs' approach wins out, and I've even stuck with my prediction. I don't know how much clearer I could be. 

Just musing on what's worrying me, as a Mavs fan, ahead of the NBA finals.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • audiosway, fifteenth
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by KillerLeft - 06-05-2024, 10:51 PM