Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
I know it's dangerous to actually talk basketball strategy (because clearly, the Mavs don't need any of that - they'll win in 4), but despite all the talk of Boston "switching everything," which I agree is a possibility, here's Tim Legler talking about how Boston is basically a drop coverage pick and roll defense team, just like Minnesota. Now, he ALSO says the week off and time in between each game will enable them to try different things, but I have a sneaky feeling Dallas will be more prepared for the defensive wrinkles than Boston will be to execute them. 

Also, Boston has been the statistically worst team defending the pick and roll in these playoffs, due in large part, I'm sure, to playing IND in the conference finals, and that was without Haliburton, mostly. I think A) Luka and the Mavs are going to pressure the defense far more than IND, and B) the Mavs are going to offer a far bigger deterrent to what Boston's going to try to accomplish on the other end of the floor. 

https://www.youtube.com/live/76JbVUu8Fs4...tnPz5vVkql
[-] The following 5 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41, dirkfansince1998, fifteenth, Jmaciscool
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round:Some team about to lose to the Dallas Mavericks in 4!! - by KillerLeft - 06-04-2024, 02:07 PM