Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-04-2024, 09:27 AM)omahen Wrote: Everything I wanted to say about the series was already told. As OKC was very different than Clippers and Minny was different than OKC, Boston is again a whole new challenge. Mavs defense depended on closing the paint (helping on drives) and gambling on iffy shooters to not make shots. I am affraid if you gamble like that against Boston, each of their starters (thay you leave open) is capable of scoring 20 to 30 points on good efficiency. So it will be about being able to guard one on one and stay in front of their guards and wings. Boston weakness on defense is their center and a lot might defend if Mavs are able to get that guy to switch on Luka or Kyrie (or Boston ability to prevent that). Boston has 4 excellent defenders that might take turns guarding Luka and Kai and applying high level of pressure. I think Boston is a better team, but Mavs have at least one if not two best players. Mavs will imho win if Luka will be decisively best player in the series.

I will take the experience from first two series as a recipe for success. Win one on road, came out at least even after the home games and then it is on to the stars to show they are best players on the court bringing home games 5 and 6.

Mavs in 6!

Careful, “Eeyore,” it has already been established that picking the Mavs in six isn’t positive enough around here. There are actually people siding with random strangers over smart guys like you who make this place great. You might want to quickly edit to say “Mavs in 4” and nothing else.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, omahen, The Jom
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by KillerLeft - 06-04-2024, 09:33 AM