Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-04-2024, 08:00 AM)The Jom Wrote: I like it! Keep talking smack to these Eeyores. Some really grumpy folks on here. 

And they really do love them some Mavs opponents (especially Jokic and Gordon). If we lose game 1 (like we usually do), there will be so much Mavs loathing on here it becomes insufferable. For some reason, deriding your own team is viewed as analysis, but bashing the opponent is disrespectful homerism.

Sir Wind wasn't replying to Mavs bashing. He's against honest analysist of an opponent. It seems to me that poor analysis of an opponent, claiming that they're worse than they are, does disservice to the Mavs. In my mind, the fact that the Mavs are playing a team that won lots of games and has four all-star level players means that a Mavs victory will be all the sweeter. Irrationally knocking Boston (or the Clippers, Thunder or TPups) doesn't help the Mavs, imho. 

And I know that some folks here can get pretty down on the Mavs at times. But that's not a Mavs fan thing, that's a sports fan thing. I don't roll that way, but it's sort of a sports fact of life that that's how some fans fan. I've been trying to cheer up that crowd for decades, and I don't think I've made a dent. But I don't really try to change people anymore, probably because I'm old. 

Anyway, I think Boston is a really, really good team. And I also think that the 2024 Mavs have shown us that they're one of the big boys as well. 

This should be an amazing series and a Mavs championship during a year when none of us expected it (at least until recently) would be so, so sweet. 

LET'S GO MAVS!!
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 3 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by fifteenth - 06-04-2024, 08:52 AM