Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-03-2024, 09:55 AM)lol dirkfansince1998 Wrote: 3-point shooting is going to decide it from a Celtics perspective. If they reach their regular season averages (16.5 made 3s. Shooting 38.8%) the Mavs are in a rough spot.
But they are down to 14.6 made 3s on 36.8% shooting in the playoffs. Celtics had a losing record when they made less than 13 threes in the regular season.

(06-03-2024, 03:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Written by a guy with no time for the Mavs until they're in the WCF. You're addressing fans who are far, far more into the team than you. 

I picked the Mavs in 6, and yes, I do think the realization of that would make them extremely special. I think that BECAUSE I have respect for their finals opponent, and for the opponents they've faced in rounds 1-3. You must not think very much of the Mavs, since you seem to believe what they're accomplishing is easy. 

If they win, we'll all be here, reveling in their accomplishment. If they lose, we won't see you again until a year from now, at the earliest. The people here, even those I disagree with often, are the real Mavs fans.

If all you want to read/hear/surround yourself with is unbridled, non-stop praise for the team you're bandwagoning for, my advice is to stick to college sports. In the pros, every team pays their players. They're ALL good. (lol, I forgot that college players are getting paid now, too...maybe stick to HS sports?)

Last time I looked being a good fan didn’t mean overrating your opponent at any cost.  Not you, but several others on here are acting like this Boston team is some all time great. This Boston team most likely would not have won the West.

Boston can win but it’s not because they are great. 

Dallas can win too. But it’s not because sometimes upsets happen or “matchups”. 

The best team will win this series but won’t be an all time great.
[-] The following 1 user Likes windjc's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by windjc - 06-03-2024, 08:47 PM