Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-03-2024, 07:38 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: I just think its refreshing for the Mavs to not only be in the Finals against a team other than the Heat, but to be going against a storied team like the Celtics.

And Luka gets to play where half off his genetic material came from (Larry Bird's loins.  The other half from Magic Johnson's, which were deeply scrubbed.)

But I cannot think of a more apt comparison of Luka's game than Magic and Bird's.

Magic: PG, charismatic, full-court court vision, triple-double machine, overall play style.

Bird: Ridiculous shot making and range, low-post game, underrated defense, TRASH TALKER. White.

We all know Bird was white, a shit talker, great passer, and un-athletic. Just like Luka, so I don't know why that point had to be made. Luka is a much better deep shooter than Bird though IMO. Bird is probably his best comp. Now he has to win titles like him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by HoosierDaddyKid - 06-03-2024, 08:22 PM