Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-03-2024, 08:38 AM)Radical Mavs Wrote: What would you guys take from the last game we played against Boston? We had the same team as now and they did beat us badly and we couldn't guard the 3-point line. I know we are a different team now with a better understanding of assignment. Based on this, what would you do differently from that game in these finals?

Tough to decide either game we played because we are a different team now.  I left both games though thinking we were not in the same league as the Celtics.

The first game was with our old roster.  I believe we were relatively healthy.   I wanted to use that game as a measuring stick game.  At that time, I did not think we were a finals contender.   The end score was not a blowout but I left that game thinking we were not close to Boston.  If i remember correctly, Luka had a rough shooting night.  Either that game or the one in Boston, Jaylon Brown went right at Luka on offense too.  

The second game happened after our trade.  We were in a rough spot though.  Getting blown out at Indy, Losing on a buzzer beater to Cleveland, beating Toronto, and then losing at home against an injured Sixers and losing to the pacers again.   Boston came out hot, if I remember, and was hitting everything.   They looked like a superior team.  Dallas fought back and got it within 3 in the late third quarter after a Lively alleyoop.   After a timeout the Celtics went on a run and the game was over pretty quickly.  Up until that point, I thought the Celtics were the much better team but the Mavs stayed close for almost 3 quarters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by Chicagojk - 06-03-2024, 10:46 AM