Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-02-2024, 05:32 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: There is fandom. And there is blind homerism. Derrick White for example is their version of DJJ. Who would you rather have? The all defense wing that also averages 18/4/4. Is a 40% 3-point shooter and capable playmaker. Or DJJ?
I think even the most biased Celtics fans would admit that Luka is the best player in the series. I think Mavs fans should be able to admit that on paper Holiday/White/KP/Horford are clearly better than DJJ/PJ/Lively/Gafford.

Thankfully the series isn't played on paper. And the Mavs don't need to have a better 82 games season than Boston. Borderline impossible. They just need to beat them in a best of seven series. Difficult but I like the Mavs chances if we get the best version of Luka and Kyrie.

If this is an argument that Boston has more talent, and if I’m the homer, we are ships passing in the night, my friend. 

Holiday is far and away the best player on your list. But I’m not convinced he’s their #3. More likely that guy is Jaylen Brown. 

Is White better than DJJ? Probably. But not by a mile. 

Horford is a great player. I just don’t think the old man can play 30 mins against our young, fast bigs. 

Is KP even a positive piece? I’d rather have Dinwiddie. Guess we’ll see.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by The Jom - 06-02-2024, 10:16 PM