Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-02-2024, 03:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This ^^^ is a tool in the Dallas belt that we haven't seen much of, but that we know exists. We saw a game in the Minnesota series (I want to say it was game 1, but not sure) where they ran pick and pop with PJ like 8 times in the first half and he missed like 7 of the shots. That's not ideal, but I believe he will do better, given time and experience. Hopefully in this series.

Unfortunately, having to go to a strategy like this with either PJ or DJJ probably becomes yet another reason Gafford (and possibly even Lively, at times) might need to sit more, because to truly unlock actions with those two guys (guys who are not KAT, Dirk, or anything in between), you kind of need the OPTION for them to roll. I can see either of them SHREDDING Boston in the short roll, IF Kleber is the 5.

I don’t think it matters much who is at the 5 offensively if DJJ or PJW are setting the ball screen and KP blitzes. Both PJ and DJ are good out of the short roll and having Gaff/Lively in the dunker spot with a smaller wing/guard on them is just fine. If they switch then Luka can iso KP. If they drop then you have a small on Luka’s back in the paint and KP having to do what Gobert did, flinch and give up the dunk or hang back and give up the 6 footer to Luka. Again, I don’t see offense being an issue with Luka starting to look like Luka again. There’s nothing they can do to stop a good look. It’ll come down to make/miss as always.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by Smitty - 06-02-2024, 03:38 PM