Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-02-2024, 03:19 PM)Smitty Wrote: Whoever the C’s hide KP on, whether it’s DJJ or PJW, Luka will just run the PnR with that guy and cook KP like he cooked Gobert. I do expect them to slow down Kyrie a bit like OKC did but Luka and “the others” will get good looks consistently.

This ^^^ is a tool in the Dallas belt that we haven't seen much of, but that we know exists. We saw a game in the Minnesota series (I want to say it was game 1, but not sure) where they ran pick and pop with PJ like 8 times in the first half and he missed like 7 of the shots. That's not ideal, but I believe he will do better, given time and experience. Hopefully in this series.

Unfortunately, having to go to a strategy like this with either PJ or DJJ probably becomes yet another reason Gafford (and possibly even Lively, at times) might need to sit more, because to truly unlock actions with those two guys (guys who are not KAT, Dirk, or anything in between), you kind of need the OPTION for them to roll. I can see either of them SHREDDING Boston in the short roll, IF Kleber is the 5.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by KillerLeft - 06-02-2024, 03:28 PM