Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-02-2024, 03:11 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: In addition to the week of prep, playing the same opponent enough times in a row to know what they're trying to accomplish, etc, etc...

Dallas has ALSO come a long way since then in terms of players understanding and accepting their roles (which is really the thing that separates this Dallas team from last season's) and I feel (perhaps somewhat naively) like they've seen variations of that strategy enough from other teams not to be bumfuzzled by it. 

But yeah, this is going to be a test. It seems like you're more worried about the Dallas offense. I'm far, far more worried about their defense. That we're both worried about completely different things might not be the best sign, but there's plenty for Boston to be worried about, too.

I’m 100% with you on this one. The Mavs won’t have problems scoring. It’s the defense that gives me some concern. That’s why I see Maxi playing a lot of 5. People won’t be happy but switching and perimeter defense will play a bigger role than rim protection in this one. KP isn’t dominating in the post. Horford isn’t dominating in the post. Tatum and Brown aren’t getting half their points at the rim.

Whoever the C’s hide KP on, whether it’s DJJ or PJW, Luka will just run the PnR with that guy and cook KP like he cooked Gobert. I do expect them to slow down Kyrie a bit like OKC did but Luka and “the others” will get good looks consistently.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by Smitty - 06-02-2024, 03:19 PM