Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-02-2024, 02:48 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: If the Celtics switch as much as I expect them to do (at least early in the series, trying not to double/blitz Luka) there probably won't be as much rim running.
As far as coaching goes I think this one could really favor the Mavs because as dominant as Boston was all season long (including the playoffs) they never faced adversity and never had a reason to make adjustments or come up with a backup plan.
Can they adjust on the fly if Luka is cooking Brown or Holiday 1v1. Can they adjust the offense if KP or Horford aren't hitting their 3s. Mavs had to come up with lots of different things over the last three series. Luka has seen and dissected any defensive scheme known to mankind. Not sure if Tatum and Holiday can do the same.

If Boston is switching everything, KP is about to look like a chump, as is Horford. Whether you like those guys or not, Luka will destroy them. Heck, so will Kyrie. Hardy, even, might have some success.

Now, maybe Boston can find a way, like Dallas has come close to doing, of finding ways to switch everything without involving their bigs. Idk...I just feel like Luka and Kyrie are too smart not to exploit something like that over a 7-game series.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by KillerLeft - 06-02-2024, 02:57 PM