Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-02-2024, 02:43 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: I’m wondering if Dallas will feel compelled to draw Porzingis away from defending the rim. As long as Gafford or Lively is in, Porzingis can lurk and help on D.

Maxi changes that.

Maybe the Zinger isn’t enough of a defensive presence to warrant this strategy. I have visions of Dame repeatedly going around him for layups.

Maybe the Mavs can accomplish the same thing just by the high PnR with Gafford and Lively.

If Gobert in drop wasn't enough to slow the Dallas pick and roll game down, then Porzingis won't be, either. 

I think spreading the floor with Kleber will be a part of the series, but only as a means of making the choice to use Kleber as the DEFENSIVE center viable on the other end, not as a way to combat some sort of defensive dominance by Porzingis inside. I think Luka is the weapon against that already, and I think Dallas will start with the offensive strategy that has shown to be their foundation.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by KillerLeft - 06-02-2024, 02:55 PM