Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks
(06-02-2024, 02:20 PM)Jym Wrote: Yeah I was surprised to see multiple people on realgm say that Tatum was big and strong enough to effectively guard our centers one-on-one. Didn't seem scared of that at all. 
So we'll see. I feel like they should way be more afraid of that matchup and better be hoping their offense plays them off the floor

That's just ignorance on their part as to HOW Gafford and Lively are doing what they're doing. It doesn't matter if Tatum can do what they say if he (or whomever is guarding the roller) has to step up and contest Luka. Is Tatum longer than Gobert, making the lob over the top more difficult? Obviously not, so that part of Dallas' offense will likely work BETTER in this series, at least when Boston is in drop. The low man (sliding from the weak side corner) can and probably WILL do a better job of helping to reduce the lob threat than the past two teams' defenders have done, but all that accomplishes is forcing Dallas to live or die by WIDE OPEN corner threes. This doesn't worry me a bit. 

The outcome of this series will be determined when Boston has the ball. We know what the Dallas offense is about to do. I do NOT feel like we know what the Dallas defense is about to do.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 4th Round: Boston Celtics - Dallas Mavericks - by KillerLeft - 06-02-2024, 02:29 PM