Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Knee Jerk Reactions Thread
(10-15-2019, 09:56 AM)fifteenth Wrote: I actually try not to knee-jerk. But I'll suspend that for this thread...

My knee-jerk hot takes:

• The presence of Delon, DFS, Maxi and KP in the rotation will result in a top 10 defense. 
  • THJ will be closer to the player we saw last night against OKC than the inefficient chucker that most of us have projected him to be. 
  • Delon, JJackson, DP, Brunson, Curry, THJ, DFS and Maxi will prove to be a bunch of 4 - 6 level guys rather than a bunch of 7s. 
  • Luka will shoot 85% from the free throw line
  • Delon will be our 3rd best starter
  • Once everyone is healthy, the strength of the top 10 will mean that JJB and Bobi play spot duty as the 11th and 12 guys

I want to take a moment to reflect on this... the rosiest of rosy predictions.  If the Mavs somehow are in the top 10 on defense - no matter WHO finds their way into the rotation - they are going to the Finals.  From what we have seen in the preseason (outside of the throwaway game vs OKC), it seems they are more likely headed towards the bottom of the league on defense.  I am hoping for improvement, but there are very few stoppers out on the floor and rebounding issues have amplified that with more opponent possessions.  I hope I am wrong and RC can find a way to make this work.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preseason Knee Jerk Reactions Thread - by Jym - 10-15-2019, 09:15 AM
RE: Preseason Knee Jerk Reactions Thread - by Mavsfan12 - 10-15-2019, 06:53 PM
RE: Preseason Knee Jerk Reactions Thread - by Jym - 10-15-2019, 10:17 AM