Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota/Denver, Game 5 Thread
(05-19-2024, 06:50 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Don't think either option is better/worse but maybe todays game changes that. I think the T'Wolves are easier to defend for the Mavs. They don't have to change the defense  and can play off Gobert. But the T'Wolves defense is going to be a nightmare for Luka and Kyrie. Bigger and more physical than any other team. And with Maxi's injury the Mavs don't have a stretch five.
Nuggets defense isn't as good. Mavs can target/hunt multiple matchups. But I am scared of their offense. All of them can shoot. All of them can put the ball on the floor. Looking back at the last regular season matchup the Mavs could try the same stuff that "worked" for the Lakers and T'Wolves (and the Mavs in the regular season). Put a big forward on Jokic and have the center in help position. But without Maxi the only option for that role is PJ.

Whoever wins, PJ and DJJ are going to have their hands full. If it's Denver, MPJ and Gordon are tough matchups, though I suspect DJJ will see a lot of time on Murray or MPJ.  PJ I don't know who he'll guard, maybe MPJ or Gordon both are 6'10. Minny presents other problems. Gobert doesn't play drop coverage as much now. He can guard out in space a little now. Kat is 7'0, too big for PJ or DJJ. Naz Reid, then you've got probably their best defender in McDaniels whom I'm sure will see time on Luka and Kyrie. There's interesting matchups on both teams. Can't wait.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Minnesota/Denver, Game 5 Thread - by KillerLeft - 05-14-2024, 10:23 PM
RE: Minnesota/Denver, Game 5 Thread - by GATA - 05-15-2024, 03:30 AM
RE: Minnesota/Denver, Game 5 Thread - by Jym - 05-16-2024, 09:42 PM
RE: Minnesota/Denver, Game 5 Thread - by RGP1981 - 05-17-2024, 12:29 AM
RE: Minnesota/Denver, Game 5 Thread - by The Jom - 05-16-2024, 10:13 PM
RE: Minnesota/Denver, Game 5 Thread - by Smitty - 05-17-2024, 06:06 PM
RE: Minnesota/Denver, Game 5 Thread - by HoosierDaddyKid - 05-19-2024, 07:10 PM