Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Blazers 112
I have gone back and forth btwn getting another big or wing or both. I am convinced now a defensive wing is the number one priority. Mavs can also get another big on the cheap for depth but if they are going to spend assets it will probably be on a wing. RoCo certainly tops the list and Mavs have several assets they could throw at the Wolves to get them interested. Our perimeter defense needs an upgrade. I am telling you if we can make it harder on teams at the perimeter the Mavs are so good offensively, particularly from 3 that teams will not be able to come back, especially with KP in the middle.

Think about a closing lineup of:

Luka
THJ
RoCo
DFS
KP

With the ability to sub Curry or Maxi for one of those spots based on matchups. I love Maxi but he cannot cover everybody. He is versatile but you need a RoCo type who is truly a lockdown guy. When teams try to go small against the Mavs, the Mavs would have their own "small" lineup that isn't really small. In the above scenario you have THJ who is 6'5/6'6 as your smallest player, 6'7 Luka, two 6'9 guys and 7'3 KP.

Mavs upgraded "small" lineup with a RoCo or Iguodala would still have plenty of offense but be able to slow down the other team who is jacking up shots in an attempt to come back.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 120, Blazers 112 - by StepBackJay - 01-18-2020, 10:58 AM