Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 3 Playoffs 2024: Oklahoma City Thunder (1-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (1-1)
(05-12-2024, 03:01 AM)RGP1981 Wrote: I would love to pair Chet with Luka. He's brilliant player and has a really good mindset too.

He's a much better paint defender than I understood coming into this series. The prevailing opinion from general NBA fans is that he's a 4 and they should have added a 5 (like Gafford) at the deadline, but I kind of get why they didn't want to do that after watching them in a few playoff games. He has every bit as much defensive potential as Lively (which is a significant amount) and is already a better rim protector, imho. Any defensive deficiencies he has now are mostly the result of how much he's depended upon on the other end of the floor. He's just not conditioned well enough to play 100% on both ends for 35-40 minutes yet. I feel like he'll get there though. 

I honestly think Holmgren is who they should build around. Eventually, all the Western Conference defenders will figure out all of SGA's spots and how he gets to them. Once that happens, his size will hold him back, a little. He's great, don't get me wrong, but Chet seems like he has a higher ceiling to me.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 3 Playoffs 2024: Oklahoma City Thunder (1-1) vs. Dallas Mavericks (1-1) - by KillerLeft - 05-12-2024, 04:21 PM