Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1 2024 Playoffs: Dallas Mavericks (0-0) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (0-0)
(05-08-2024, 12:16 AM)omahen Wrote: Who said anything about intentionally losing game 1. Mavs tried their best and didn't deliver. Every game is a story on its own, a new beginning. While everyone said that 2 days of rest means nothing for that knee, you keep maintaining your stance that things would look magically different with extra two days rest. The injury is a fact that will not go away. If Luka is not able to be at MVP level, Mavs don't have a chance in the series. Sitting Luka is not a solution, I don't understand how you refuse to accept that. The only solution is if Luka can play at MVP level with that injury being a fact. Luka is not using the injury as his excuse, he understands that.

Luka shooting 40% from the floor, 20% from three and 60% from the free throw line is not helping the team win games.  He hardly takes it the rim and is just looking to jack threes in his current state.  Moreover him not even attempting to defend and ending the game with O fouls is not helping the Mavs win.

If Luka continues to play like he has I consider sitting him the rest of the series and let the chips fall where they may.

Yes, I would have sat him this game and then reevaluate him and the team after gm1 to potential sit him longer if needed.  I would treat this injury just like they did the Utah series.

Luka in this state will not win them this series.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 1 2024 Playoffs: Dallas Mavericks (0-0) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (0-0) - by Luka77 - 05-08-2024, 12:37 AM
Q - by surfpuckmd - 05-08-2024, 01:34 PM
RE: Q - by HoosierDaddyKid - 05-08-2024, 01:47 PM
RE: Q - by surfpuckmd - 05-08-2024, 02:18 PM