Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 5 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (2-2) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (2-2)
(05-02-2024, 04:02 AM)OBX Maverick Wrote: I know Green made the 4 point play, but otherwise he’s been an absolute zero on offense. He looks like a scared kitten out there. It seems that when the ball comes his way, he can’t get it out of his hands fast enough. He hasn’t been a plus on defense or hustle most of this series to justify his minutes either. Heck, at this point give all his minutes to Exum or even Lawson. I thought Exum looked more confident last night, and Lawson doesn’t appear to be one who plays with any fear….It’s a shame because we could really use a consistently confident and hustling Green this playoffs. He could be a real difference maker on the second unit. Doesn’t seem too much to ask of a 4th year former 1st rounder, right?

It's not a confident thing for Green...he just has zero skills on offense and the team knows it. They probably barely develop any offensive skills for him in practice because at this point, they know all he can be is a guy who runs around and gets rebounds. I actually don't think he's been playing scared on offense, he just can't shoot at all so he's been playing the only way he can to try to stay on the court. If you want him to shoot open shots then he will look like Westbrook and go 1-8 to hurt the team (also why they play better without THJ since they don't have to worry about his cold shooting being a negative). At best, Green is a 10-15 minute energy player who can provide some quick rest for the starters but that's it.

I fully expect them to finally trade Green and THJ this summer to upgrade for bigger/longer players as it's evident with DJJ and PJ those are the types of players who fit better on offense and defense.

Whatever players that they trade for, if they're not 6'7" or taller with long arms then I'm not interested!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 5 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (2-2) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (2-2) - by SwisherPrice - 05-02-2024, 11:50 AM