Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Knee Jerk Reactions Thread
Perimeter defense will be a challenge for most teams just because of the way offense is run these days unless you have a top notch defender at every spot its hard to rotate fast enough. There are only a couple of teams I can think of that can pull that off. I see KP replacing Deandre as the "center" as a massive upgrade bc we all know DAJ wasn't closing out on anybody and I do like what I see from KP's close-outs. Powell isn't an amazing defender but he has quick enough feet to rotate around and close out. His interior D isn't great in that he just isn't much of a shot-blocker. I do like that he has gotten a lot stronger in recent years. My hope is that KP and Doncic provide so much offense on their own that Rick can go with better defenders for the other spots and live with what they give him on offense (ie DFS and KP).

We will see. The other thing is that whoever starts is not guaranteed to get a ton of minutes (outside of KP, Doncic), so Rick will go with whatever lineups are working out for him during the game. I wouldn't be surprised if one night he starts Powell but Maxi is bringing it so much off the bench that he sticks with Maxi down the stretch.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preseason Knee Jerk Reactions Thread - by Jym - 10-15-2019, 09:15 AM
RE: Preseason Knee Jerk Reactions Thread - by Jym - 10-15-2019, 10:17 AM
RE: Preseason Knee Jerk Reactions Thread - by StepBackJay - 10-15-2019, 12:58 PM