Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (0-0) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (0-0)
(04-21-2024, 05:11 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Yep, mavs made a point in the second half of the season to be bigger than most teams, get more easier baskets, and defend the rim better than most teams.  The need to win the matchup.

Sure, Kleber is a nice change of pace for quick segments but I don’t think he is the answer for long runs.  My opinion

Problem is that they need to be able to do two things. Prevent Zubac from playing bully ball in the paint. Slow down Harden in the pick and roll. I am more hopeful when it comes to Zubac. Don't see how Lively or Gafford playing drop defense is a viable option against Harden. Basically the Luka formula performed by the original inventor. Can make any read for a pass under the rim or to the open shooter on the perimeter. Can shoot the step back. Can put the defender on his back and slow down to draw the foul or finish at the rim.
I think you have to switch the pick and roll. Or hope that Harden has his usual meltdown and shoots way below his season/career averages for the rest of the series.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 1 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (0-0) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (0-0) - by dirkfansince1998 - 04-21-2024, 05:23 PM