Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preseason Knee Jerk Reactions Thread
I was more excited prior to the preseason than I am now about the team as a whole. The whole lot of 7th man type players is right on. We have 2 absolute franchise players in Luka and KP, but after that we don't even have a defined 3rd, 4th, 5th best player. We have 2 studs and then 10 great bench players. Sure we have several guys that could be the 5th option on a playoff team, but right now we don't have the clear cut #3 and #4 guys. 

It's hard to explain. I liked the signings we made, but I hated that we didn't get a 3rd option and I hate that we didn't use the rest of our cap space this summer. I think Jackson and Wright can develop into starter quality players. I think Curry can be what he has been, a highly effective 3 point shooter. I think we spent entirely way too much money on lower half of the roster. I think good teams develop role players on the cheap and use their money for their top 6 to 7 players. 

All that being said, I hope the team bonds quickly and can win 45 plus games. I'm having trouble seeing how it will all fit right now. Maybe the easy schedule for the first month will give them the confidence they need to succeed all year. I hope I can look back on this in a month and say I was completely wrong.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Preseason Knee Jerk Reactions Thread - by BigDirk41 - 10-14-2019, 10:09 PM
RE: Preseason Knee Jerk Reactions Thread - by Jym - 10-15-2019, 09:15 AM
RE: Preseason Knee Jerk Reactions Thread - by Jym - 10-15-2019, 10:17 AM